Friday, May 16, 2008

Helpless

Helpless

Looking at the news of disasters that are happening right now, I can’t help but to find it disturbing. I stepped out of my office looking forward to a nice meal at Tiong bahru hawker centre and my heart sank suddenly.

Here I am safe in a tiny island going about doing the same stuff every afternoon, in search of glorious food. While at the same time, thousands of people are fighting to survive the aftermath of a disaster. I see green pastures and sunshine, while they are looking at debri of fallen buildings and darkness right before their very eyes. I see life around me, while death looms at the very hearts of the victims.

Here I am watching the news, looking at them dying, but I just can't do anything. For a moment, I felt really helpless. God, why take so many lives? Can I do anything? Can I help in anyway?

"Yes you can..."
"Just pray..."

But overall, I feel really fortunate at the same time. Thank God for planting me in Singapore. To all the mercy relief helpers out there. *salute*!

God Bless

No comments: